The Barloworld Handling division distributes a number of global brands and provides equipment, technology enabled solutions and services to the agricultural mechanisation, materials handling, earth moving, crushing and screening industries through its three business units in Southern Africa.
Our success lies in our unique combination of highly experienced staff, quality new and used equipment, cutting edge technology and superior after sales service and support. We work closely with our customers to meet their individual business needs, reduce costs and maximise productivity.
Divisional structure by brand
Construction and aggregates:
Representing Hyster in southern Africa for over 80 years and Level 2 BBBEE compliant, Barloworld Handling has extensive experience in delivering integrated materials handling solutions that maximise productivity and reduce costs.
The Barloworld Handling team is recognised as one of the most experienced in the industry. We strive to deliver value by tailoring specific solutions to major customer needs, while finding the most cost-effective means to service single and small fleet owners. We serve all market segments requiring materials handling, including the automotive, food and beverage, pulp and paper, manufacturing, mining, shipping and agricultural industries.
Our diverse product range is designed to meet requirements across the spectrum:
- HYSTER lift trucks with lifting capacities up to 52 tons and a comprehensive range of warehousing equipment
- UTILEV forklift trucks for lighter-duty applications
- AISLE-MASTER very narrow aisle articulated lift trucks
We offer the following integrated solutions, tailoring these to individual customer needs:
- Expert consultancy
- Long-term rental of new and used machines over 24 to 82 months
- Short-term rental of new and used machines on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Outright purchase of new and used machines
- A choice of maintenance plans
- 24-hour service nationwide with an average response time of two to four hours
- Excellent parts availability
- Flexible, customised fleet management
Established in 2002, Barloworld Agriculture is the Southern African distributor of premium AGCO brands Massey Ferguson, Challenger and Sunflower, and a preferred supplier of Topcon precision farming systems and solutions. We started operations as AGCO dealer in Zambia in 2014.
In partnership with our principals and dealers, we strive to deliver flexible, value-adding solutions enabling food producers to farm more productively, profitably and sustainably. Our focus is to provide equipment and technologies suited to local conditions and applications, and to complement these with the highest levels of parts backup and technical support.
Meeting requirements across the technology spectrum, our product range includes:
- Rigid chassis wheeled tractors from 35 kW to 250 kW (Massey Ferguson)
- Tracked and articulated tractors up to 383 kW (Challenger)
- Combine harvesters (Challenger)
- Self-propelled sprayers (Challenger)
- Conventional, no-till and widespan planters (Massey Ferguson)
- Balers and other haymaking equipment (Massey Ferguson)
- Tillage equipment (Sunflower)
Adding further value to end-users, Barloworld Agriculture also includes:
- Terra Firma, which deals in premium used equipment and has its headquarters in Sasolburg, and
- Temo Parts, which provides quality replacement parts for a wide range of equipment.
Barloworld SEM was founded in 2008 to provide Southern African contractors with an alternative, cost-effective solution for light to medium duty earthmoving applications. We now provide a range of medium-size wheel loaders as well as a grader into this market.
In 2014 we took on the distribution of the Metso range of mobile crushing and screening plants and most recently, Metso crushing and screening equipment for the aggregates industry.
Our equipment is ideal for applications in the construction, mining and quarrying industries and through Barloworld Handling we are able to offer best-in-class backup via a 24-hour national service and support centre.